For many, the New Year is a fresh start: with good intentions to achieve the resolutions made and hopeful expectations for a better year. But before the tune of "Auld Lang Syne" completely fades, I find myself reflecting over our previous year at Collingwood.
Like most of you we've experienced challenges, changes, welcomed new colleagues to our team, developed as a business and had the pleasure of partnering exciting new clients.
As you know, Auld Lang Syne is traditionally sung to welcome in the New Year, yet the lyrics begin with a rhetoric question of whether it is right to forget old acquaintances; continuing to underline that we should remember long-standing friendships.
This is truly significant to our ethos. We don’t seek quick wins simply to meet targets but instead establish and maintain long-lasting relations with partners who resonate with our values and ethics.
It is because of this type of relationship we can be very proud of our partnerships, not only for the level or type of roles but also because of the value we can add, by understanding our clients and being able to advise in their best interests.
As I mentioned earlier, we have experienced our share of challenges, as will most of you, but my reflection has reminded me of some of our most notable triumphs:
- Diversifying in the rail sector, by expanding into freight, operations and manufacturing
- Creating new opportunities within SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Welcoming new renowned private healthcare providers, and much valued SMEs
- Continuing to expand our construction and building business with some exciting executive roles for new and esteemed clients
- Fostering new relations within the aerospace industry
- Providing a much broader service provision in relation to talent management
I’m also very proud of the move to our new offices, with our striking, modern boardroom. If you would like to visit us to discuss your plans for this year, you will find a very warm welcome waiting for you.
In the meantime, I would like to say a very big thank you to all our clients and look forward to welcoming new partners to work with in 2015 and beyond.