Medical Director - Leading Private Hospital
- Our client is a private hospital in London.
- The hospital is part of a global healthcare group and was purpose built in 1981.
- It has a fantastic reputation for delivering complex healthcare solutions and patient care.
- It provides care across a broad range of areas in including orthopaedics, cardiovascular, oncology and paediatrics.
- The hospital has an exciting vision to lead its sector, is investing c. £20m per year to upgrade technology and its facilities and has an innovative commercial strategy to achieve profitable revenue growth.
- There is a lot of ongoing change both culturally and in its clinical governance and quality control in pursuit of being “world class”.
- Provide strong and inspiring medical leadership to ensure that the hospital consistently delivers the highest possible standards of clinical and professional healthcare practice.
- Drive cultural change to create a strong team from top down and bottom up all facing in the same direction.
- Accountable for clinical governance and ensuring high standards of clinical performance, outstanding levels of CQC compliance and compliance with the GMC’s and other relevant professional codes of conduct.
- Accountable for ensuring that clinical care is up to date, evidence-based, multi-professional and patient centred.
- Work collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical colleagues across the UK and other market units in the pursuit of the group’s purpose.
- Work collaboratively to further develop the hospital’s reputation locally, nationally and internationally.
- Be a positive force in the hospital’s commercial performance.
- Contribute to the operational and strategic development of the hospital and advise the executive team on clinical and medical matters.
The Person We Are Looking For
Qualification, training, experience:
- A consultant with specialist accreditation and full GMC registration.
- Excellent leadership skills and professional credibility.
- A people person that builds trust and enjoys working at all levels to develop and implement a strategy.
- Someone who loves getting their hands dirty and has successfully delivered a major transformation project.
- Good professional standing and respect amongst colleagues.
- Experience of building, maintaining and utilising successful partnerships, networks and successful influencing and negotiating skills both within and outside the organisation.
- Experience of ensuring that systems for clinical governance are in place and evidence of monitoring their continued effectiveness.
- Clear evidence of substantive, competent medical management experience, at least at Directorate level or equivalent with demonstrable experience in effective peer group leadership.
For further details on this role please contact Doug Mackay on 01829 732374.