In our recent white paper, we share our latest research findings on ‘Strategic Leadership Development’ and revealed our ‘Big 5’ findings.
1. Start with Evaluation - there is a need for a rigorous and validated evaluation process before the Executive development programme begins as well as during and post programme.
2. Align Development to Strategy using VUCA – ensuring the external marketplace challenges of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguousness are matched internally by vision, understanding, clarity and agility.
3. 70-20-10 Development Delivery - 70-20-10 leadership development focuses on leadership practice via on-the-job experiences and assignments (70 percent); developmental relationships including coaching, mentoring, feedback and networking (20 percent) and focused knowledge and education-based development (10 percent).
4. Personal, Team and Organisational (PTO) Focus - the PTO methodology is a systematic results-driven three-dimensional approach to making Executive development work across an organisation.
5. 70-20-10 Development Delivery with a PTO Focus - the bringing together of 70-20-10 and PTO provides quality of delivery and content and a developmental route map with a clear focus on targeted ROI outcomes.
At Collingwood Consulting we have designed into our leadership consultancy services and products the learning from our latest research findings. In doing so our aim is to provide our clients with cutting-edge strategy tools and leadership development approaches. One example of this approach is our latest consultancy service Accelerating Leadership and Growth which incorporates our findings on the latest evidence-based thinking in aligning Executive leadership development to an organisation’s strategy. Contact Jennifer Jones, Director of Consultancy Services on +44 1829 732374 for further details.